BAFTA’s ‘albert’ project is the leading sustainability initiative for the UK screen industry. Project members recognise that the creative industries offer the greatest opportunity to mobilise positive action for the planet. Leading a charge against climate change, albert brings the screen industry together to eliminate environmental impacts and empower colleagues to inspire audiences for a sustainable future.
albert Sustainability assistant – production
We seek a pro-active and highly organised sustainability assistant to support the work of BAFTA’s albert team. This is an exciting position that would suit a candidate with experience working in film and TV production departments and with a passionate and informed interest in environmental sustainability.
BAFTA’s ‘albert’ collaboration is the leading sustainability initiative for the television industry. Project members recognise that the creative industries offer the greatest opportunity to mobilise positive action for the planet. Leading a charge against climate change, albert brings the screen industries together to tackle their environmental impact and inspire audiences to act for a sustainable future.
The successful candidate will
- Advise television productions on sustainable production techniques and support productions working to achieve albert ‘sustainable production certification’
- Support productions completing the albert production carbon calculator
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our custom tools
- Coordinate the delivery of albert’s training offering
- Undertake other roles to support wider project objectives
- A passion for delivering positive environmental change
- Film or television production experience
- A friendly, resolute and compassionate manner
- Effective communication/customer service skills
- First class administrative skills and high IT proficiency
- Highly motivated and organised
- Experience in multiple genre media production environments
- Understanding of environmental management systems
This is a full time position salary 18,500 – 21k
Job Title: Sustainability Assistant – Production
Reports to: Sustainable Production Coordinator
Start date: ASAP
Location: Any considered, the role will support regional production hubs, i.e. Bristol, Leeds, Belfast, Salford, etc. (Remote working is likely, initially), with some national travel required.
Application deadline 23 November 2020
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, which explains in no more than 500 words why this role is suitable for you and what production or sustainability experience you have to email@example.com referencing ‘Sustainability Assistant – Production’ in the title. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references. No agencies